Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 13: Real Experiences in the Library

Since there weren't any readings or videos this week, I'm going to share a story of what happened a few days ago at work in the library.  I was helping a member, and she made the comment, "I am so impressed with all that this library is doing!  I used to think I didn't need the library because of the internet, but you guys are proving me wrong!"

So basically she's just one of those people you want to hug.

So we start talking, and I'm telling her about the Fab Lab, and how we have sewing machines and sewing classes.  She brings up the fact that she's an interior decorator, and loves pillows, but they're so expensive to buy.  She would love to know how to sew them, because it must not be too hard, and it would be a lot cheaper than buying them.  

As she's saying this, the director of the library came up, and was listening in, so we all got talking, and we got the woman's contact info, and are possibly starting a pillow sewing class.  The woman even came up with a name for it, "Pillow Talk."  Cute, huh?

So it just goes to show that the library really does have a lot to offer, and that listening to the members of the community can bring about some great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment